This is the first set mixed in nearly 12 years. Working in an open office space means many hours of my day are spent listening to music with headphones on, cranking away at software code.
For me, this means listening to music that doesn’t distract from the task of writing and problem solving. This set was designed in the spirit of musicForProgramming.net.
This set was heavily inspired by sci-fi movies that use long scenes to showcase the vast, open, and cold expanses of space: Solaris, Interstellar, and Gravity all come to mind.
- Tim Hecker - Harmony in Blue I
- Tim Hecker - Harmony in Blue II
- Nine Inch Nails - Harmony in Blue I
- Overand - Autechre
- Oscar See Through Red Eye - Boards of Canada
- Wolf Cub - Burial & Four Tet
- Zauberberg 6 - Gas
- Maybe You’re My Puppet - Cliff Martinez (Solaris)
- Wormhole - Cliff Martinez (Solaris)
- The Wormhole - Hans Zimmer (Interstellar)
- A Stop at the Chord Cascades - Tim Hecker
- Xerrox Helm Transphaser - Alva Noto
- Lonely Void - Mica Levi (Under the Skin)
- The Lisbon Maru - Fuck Buttons
- Along - Oneohtrix Point Never
- See on See - Autechre
- Hatred of Music I - Tim Hecker
- Hatred of Music II - Tim Hecker
- Carrying Glass - Ryuichi Sakamoto & Alva Noto